Cold-brew and sweet cream make a perfect duet any time of the day. This Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew recipe is slightly sweet and totally refreshing! Perfect for breakfast with a side of croissant waffles or for tea time with pukis cake.
If you are both a coffee lover and a vanilla fanatic like me, you will fall in love with this easy vanilla sweet cream cold brew recipe.
- Cold brew coffee. Making cold-brew at home is super simple; however, you can also use a store-bought version
- Milk. Starbucks use 2% milk for their drink, but you can replace this with evaporated milk
- Heavy cream. I love adding creamy top on cold-brew and make this drink extra smooth
- Vanilla extract, maple syrup. This will give a light vanilla flavor and sweetness to this coffee
How to make vanilla sweet cream cold brew
- Cold-brew. Make your cold-brew coffee or buy a bottle of cold brew coffee from the grocery store. In this case, you can also get Starbucks bottled cold brew
- Vanilla syrup. Make vanilla syrup with a combination of maple syrup and vanilla extract or use homemade vanilla syrup
- Cold foam. Make the cold foam with a hand frother, milk frother, or NutriBullet (you’re welcome!)
- Add them together. Stir and enjoy!
Adding ice cubes
If you want a true Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold-brew experience, then you should only use ice made with filtered water for ice cubes and cold brew.
Homemade vanilla syrup recipe
If you’re not a fan of maple syrup, you can replace it with homemade vanilla syrup. You will need
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract and 1 vanilla bean, slice lengthwise and scrape the seeds
Mix hot water and sugar on the stove, stirring until sugar dissolves completely. Turn the heat off. Add vanilla extract and seeds to the sugar syrup and stir. Let the vanilla syrup cool before bottling it.
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew makes a delicious summer iced coffee drink, especially when topped with vanilla sweet cream! You can make it a dairy-free version by using coconut milk instead of regular milk and omit the sweet cream.
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- 2 cups cold brew
- Ice cubes
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Vanilla sweet cream cold foam
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- Vanilla syrup: Add both maple syrup and vanilla extract in a small cup or glass measuring cup. and stir to combine.
- Vanilla sweet cream cold foam: add heavy cream, milk, and vanilla syrup in a bowl and whip the cream until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Pour the coffee into glasses over ice, add vanilla syrup, and stir. Then spoon a couple of large spoonfuls of vanilla sweet cream cold foam on top. Enjoy!