Chocolate Avocado Truffles make for a keto friendly treat that is worth sharing! Guilt-free and packed with incredible flavors, these are the ultimate indulgence that won’t destroy your diet.
In case you missed it, I have this giveaway on Instagram and it won’t last long.
Have you tried using avocado in place of butter or oil in your desserts yet? It is amazing how rich the results seem without the taste of avocado at all. When I heard about avocado and chocolate, I knew I had to try it and let me tell you, it is such a wonderful combination!
If I hear the word truffles, my mouth starts to water. My willpower is tested at this time of the year when so many wonderful candies are available. I had an idea in mind, and a craving for truffles so I combined chocolate and avocado for a decadent treat that is keto friendly. Chocolate Avocado Truffles are low in carbs yet bursting with luscious flavors.
Is it even fair to call these truffles a treat? If you think about it, they are the best kind of health food! Avocados are full of protein and the good kind of fat, and they are a good source of fiber and vitamins too. Ok, maybe it is a stretch to declare chocolate avocado truffles as health food, but they certainly have their advantages over some other chocolatey treats. These are also dairy free in addition to being keto friendly so almost anyone can enjoy them!
You will need to chill your mixture but you won’t want to chill it for too long; about 30 minutes is sufficient and will keep the mixture workable for forming balls. Store these in the fridge in an airtight container or enjoy them right away.
If you are hungry for more check out these avocado recipes.
Reader favorites include:Print
- 4 ripe avocado
- 11/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Smash the avocado until smooth using an immersion blender.
- Melt finely chopped chocolate and coconut oil in a water bath or microwave.
- Mix the chocolate, avocado, and salt; combine well. Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until batter is firm but not completely solid.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, form small truffle balls and roll in cocoa powder.
- Store in refrigerator up to one week or freeze.