Upgrade your avocado toast to this Avocado Toast Grilled Cheese. Creamy avocado over buttery garlic bread and melted cheese. This toast is so simple to make but brings out the most amazing flavors in every bite.
Avocado toast grilled cheese. Is that a thing? Apparently yes!
I mean look at this. Fresh and pretty. And before we dig in, let me tell you why today is a special day. It’s #brunchweek. If you’re not familiar with avocado toast, you’ve been missing out.
What is avocado toast?
In short, it is a delicious sandwich that you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or somewhere in between. But this version gets even better because I’m adding bacon cheddar cheese from Cabot Cheese. Let me repeat that. Bacon. Cheddar. Cheese. Cabot. So each bite has a flavor combination of garlic, cheese, avocado, and a fried egg on top.
Who invented avocado toast?
According to this article, it was Bill Granger who put the now-famous snack on the menu of his Darlinghurst cafe, in Sydney’s inner suburbs, in 1993.
How to clean avocado skin?
While you don’t eat the skin of an avocado, you must rinse avocado before you enjoy it. Easy enough, scrub the peel with a produce brush and dry it with a clean or paper towel.
For a perfect toast, ingredient quality is key. Use fresh, crusty whole-wheat bread you can find.
Garlic bread is classic comfort food. It’s a staple. The avocado just makes it better. Like WAY better. Trust me on this one! How can you beat a creamy toast and the gooey melty goodness of grilled cheese? Mix them both! And before I hypnotize you with the best avocado toast!
The Best Avocado Toast
- 1 baguette
- 3 garlic cloves roughly minced
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup Cabot Bacon Cheddar shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Cabot mozzarella shredded cheese
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and seeded
- 2 eggs fried scrambled, or poached, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic paste, melted butter, and cheese, together until well blended. Cut bread in half lengthwise. Spread the garlic butter mixture over the cut-side of the bread. Place bread cut side up onto the baking sheet. Bake bread until the bread is golden around the edges and the cheese has melted for 10 to 15 minutes. Then turn the oven to broil, until the cheese starts to bubble and turns golden brown for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Gently mash with the back of a fork. Top toasted bread with mashed avocado mixture and add eggs.
I’m obsessed with avocado toasts and I love the toppings on this one! Looks so perfect and can’t wait to try it out.
Raia Todd says
That is some pretty gorgeous avocado toast!
STACEY CRAWFORD says
Wow, that avocado toast looks so tempting! I’ve not seen the bacon cheddar before & will be looking for that!
Whoa, I never would’ve thought of adding cheese to avocado toast but this makes so much sense! AND with garlic? Sold.
Laura Duffy says
Wow, this brunch spread sounds amazing! And the combo of avocado, cheese, bacon and bread? Yum ?
I am a savory brunch person and this looks perfect!
Anne Lawton says
I love avocado toast! This version sounds absolutely amazing!
OMG! Everything looks so good. I’m drooling just by looking at it!
Tessa Simpson says
As much as i love avocado..I have yet to try avocado toast! I must! I think your version is the way to go!
I love avocado toasts so much and it’s so easy and fast to make. It’s the perfect appetizer for your guests. Moreover, my kids love this meal!
Thank you, Linda, for this recipe! Pinned!
Sounds great. I will have to try. Thanks for the recipe.