My sweet and savory Raspberry and Chocolate Grilled Cheese sandwiches are a delightful balance of fruity, chocolaty, and savory brie cheese.
So, how many times have you seen a recipe online and thought, “This looks awesome! I wonder how it tastes, though…” More than once, right? I remember seeing grilled cheese all over the blogosphere, magazines, and yelp, and thinking how fun it must be if we make a sweet grilled cheese. And oh, Pinterest too! Boy, I could spend hours just pinning from one picture to one whole collection, and I can’t stop myself. It’s totally addictive, just like this raspberry and chocolate grilled cheese. It totally tastes amazing.
Let me tell you. This grilled cheese? Has been giving me life!
Raspberries and chocolate always make a good combo, and adding brie in between makes this grilled cheese tastes even better!
The Ingredients of raspberry and chocolate grilled cheese
- Chocolate. You can use any chocolate you prefer; however, I suggest using dark or bitter chocolate to balance the fruits’ sweetness
- Fruits. I use raspberry in this recipe; however, you can use other berries, such as blueberry, strawberry, or apples, cherry, or apricots
- Cheese. Here comes the best part! I have brie in this recipe. If you’re not a fan of brie, you can use mascarpone
- Bread. Use whatever you like, really. Hawaiian, brioche, sourdough, pound cake, or even waffles. The possibilities are endless!
Want to try something different? Use pound cake or waffles to replace bread. And even better with banana bread!
This grilled cheese has unexpected flavors, and perhaps that’s why it’s so completely incredible. It’s perfect for brunch and paired with Dalgona Coffee or for a quick dessert after enjoying a plate of Peruvian Steak.
Sometimes the simplest things are best. This raspberry and chocolate grilled cheese is my go-to recipe when I can’t decide between sweet or savory for brunch. There are those days when we all need to experiment and combine the two to satisfy our cravings.
Raspberry Chocolate Grilled Cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 4 slices of bread such as Hawaiian or brioche
- 4 oz Brie sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries or strawberries
- 2 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate
- Confectioner’s sugar optional
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- On the non-buttered side, layer the brie on top of one slice and place the chocolate and raspberries. Cover with another slice of buttered bread.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Lay the buttered side in the pan. Grill each side for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness is reached—dust with confectioner’s sugar.