Shredded slow-cooker buffalo chicken cheesesteaks are piled high on a hoagie roll (or brioche buns) and topped with melted cheese and your favorite Buffalo sauce. This sandwich is perfect for a quick and easy meal!
I’m a big fan of meal prep to help save me time in the kitchen. Thanks to a slow cooker, this recipe is part of our favorites. And here’s a reason why you need to try this recipe:
- Quick, easy, and delicious. No doubt about it!
- Want to make it a low-carb version? Use butter lettuce to wrap/hold the chicken
- Need a shortcut? Use a rotisserie chicken and add the sauce from this recipe below
- No buns? No problem. Turn these into sandwiches instead
- Still have leftovers? Enjoy this as a dip or egg rolls
Yes, the possibilities are endless; and they make fun appetizers or easy main dishes that everyone in the family will love.
Typical Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks Ingredients
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or use a rotisserie chicken to use to make shredded chicken
- Cheese. I like provolone because it melts perfectly and blends well with the sauce
- Buffalo wing sauce. My favorite is Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Dry ranch salad dressing mix. I use Hidden Valley
- Butter to add flavor
- Hoagie rolls or brioche buns
How to make slow cooker buffalo chicken cheesesteaks
Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
Cover the chicken with ranch seasoning.
Place the butter on top of the ingredients and secure the lid, and then add all of the buffalo sauce to the slow cooker.
Cook for 5 hours on low. After 5 hours, shred the chicken thoroughly with two forks and mix well.
Switch the slow cooker to the warm setting and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Load up the bottom portion of the hoagie with some buffalo chicken and top with blue cheese and provolone, if desired. Cut it in half. Enjoy!
If you would like to switch up this recipe, here are a few ideas:
- Try using different types of cheese
- Add some chopped celery or green onions to the chicken mixture
- Serve the chicken on a bed of lettuce for a low-carb option
- Make mini sliders by using small rolls or wraps
What to Serve With Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks
This sandwich is excellent as is, but if you are looking for something to serve on the side, here are a few ideas:
- Potato chips or adobo fries
- Fruit salad. Have you tried Indonesian fruit salad?
- Cucumber and tomato salad
- Pasta salad. My favorite is creamy pear and mascarpone pasta
- Baked beans. This baked beans recipe can be done in three different ways – Dutch oven, slow cooker, and Instant Pot
- Potato salad or upgrade it to potato croquette
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks FAQs
How long does chicken cook in a crockpot?
In a slow cooker with a capacity of 4 quarts or more, add the chicken and stock, broth, or water. Prepare the chicken. On the low setting, cook the chicken for 4 to 5 hours. On the high setting, cook it for 2 to 3 hours, or until it is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
What does Buffalo sauce have in it?
Buffalo sauce is a delightful, creamy sauce that you will adore, made by combining bottled hot sauce with a fat, usually butter. Along with vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, the butter will counteract the spice and produce a flavor that is distinct from that of simple hot sauce. It is tasty and creamy.
Can you put raw chicken in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can use a slow cooker for cooking raw chicken. Crock-Pots and slow cookers are made to cook raw meat. Slow cooking is safe because it uses direct heat from the pot, a long cooking time, and steam produced by covering it with the lid. Frozen chicken can also be cooked in a slow cooker!
Can you overcook chicken in a slow cooker?
It is indeed possible to overcook chicken in a slow cooker! Overcooking the meat increases the risk of it becoming dry, tough, and unappealing. Just be sure not to cook it too long and not to let the temperature reach much over 165 degrees F.
If you are looking for an easy weeknight meal that the entire family will love, try this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks recipe! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious meal on the table in no time!
This sandwich is perfect for a quick and easy meal! However, if you would like to switch up this recipe, try using different types of cheese, adding some chopped celery or green onions to the chicken mixture, or serving the chicken on a bed of lettuce for a low-carb option.
If you love buffalo chicken wings, you will love this easy slow cooker buffalo chicken cheesesteaks recipe. You can also make mini sliders by using small rolls or wraps. Serve with potato chips, fruit salad, cucumber and tomato salad, pasta salad, baked beans, or potato salad. Enjoy!
Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks
- 2 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups Buffalo Sauce
- 1 oz Dry Ranch Seasoning 1 Packet
- 1 Stick of Butter ½ cup
- Hoagie rolls
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Provolone cheese
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken with the ranch seasoning and then add all of the buffalo sauce to the slow cooker.
- Place the butter on top of the ingredients and secure the lid.
- Cook for 5 hours on low. After 5 hours, shred the chicken thoroughly with 2 forks and mix well.
- Switch the slow cooker to the warm setting and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Load up the bottom portion of the hoagie with some buffalo chicken and top with blue cheese and provolone, if desired. Cut it in half. Enjoy!