Try this easy refreshing Halloween sangria for your Halloween party. This refreshing sangria recipe maximizes the fruit content and red wine that also makes the perfect drink you should be sipping on this fall.
Dear friends, let’s talk
This sangria. 4 ingredients. 10 minutes.
Is this not the best news ever? But…
What is sangria
Sangria is a delicious fruit-based wine punch that is made with red wine, fresh seasonal fruit, and bubbly water or citrus-flavored soda. It’s very common to enjoy sangria in the summertime. However, there’s so much more to say about this Halloween sangria.
- It’s so easy to make
- Refreshingly good
- Spooky-looking drink although I don’t mind having another round
- It is one of the easiest big-batch pitcher cocktails you can make; hence, it’s perfect for a crowd
- The ideal fall cocktail INCLUDING Halloween
- This easy refreshing Halloween sangria is perfect for those who are chronically late to everything
- BONUS: it’s a year-round favorite sangria
- Wine. I use red wine in this recipe. You can also use white wine; however, it won’t show the final red color
- Soda. You will need orange soda and lemon soda. You can also replace with fruit juice
- Mint. Be sure to add fresh mint leaves
- Fruits to add more flavors
How to make Halloween sangria
- Choose a big bottle or pitcher to prepare the this red wine sangria
- Cut the fruit into small pieces that fit into your bottle or pitcher. I used one peach and one apple, but you can adapt the fruit to fit your taste. Other options are bananas, pears, or even lemon and orange
- Mix the wine and the soda and let it refrigerate for the next two hours. You can adapt the flavor and color to your liking by substituting the lemon soda for orange soda or the other way round
- Let it rest for two hours because the macerated fruits get a nice soft texture and adjust the sugar level
Choosing wine for your sangria
In general, any wines work for sangria, including a wine that hasn’t been finished the day before.
- Use white wine instead of red wine; and try a combination of white wine, ginger ale, and citrusy drinks
- Add fresh fruits when possible, although frozen fruits might work for this sangria
- Use a combination of dry wine, citrus fruits, and berries for a low-sugar sangria
What goes well with red wine sangria
Red wine goes with red meat, although there are certainly many exceptions to this rule. However, this red wine Halloween sangria pairs well with
- Party meatball. Oh, you can make them in a slow cooker, too!
- Minced meat satay. This is so good!
- Dutch sausage rolls. Be sure to make extra
- Creamy asparagus puffs
- Fig & ricotta bruschetta. This is my favorite
This Sangria is a make-ahead recipe that lets you enjoy your gathering. Beautifully refreshing and is the perfect cocktail for one person or a crowd. And if you’re looking for a new Fall cocktail, you should try this easy refreshing Halloween sangria.
Easy Refreshing Halloween Sangria
- 2 cups wine 500 ml
- ½ cup orange soda 125 ml
- ½ cup lemonsoda 125 ml
- 1 twig fresh mint
- Fresh fruits 1apple, 1 peach
- Choose a big bottle or pitcher to prepare the sangria
- Cutthe fruit into small pieces that fit into your bottle. I used one peach and oneapple, but you can adapt the fruit to fit your taste. Other options arebananas, pears, or even lemon and orange
- Mixthe wine and the soda and let it refrigerate for the next two hours. You canadapt the flavor and color to your liking by substituting the lemon soda fororange soda or the other way round
- Let it rest for two hours and adjust the sweetness