Ginger Fried Rice. A bowl of easy fried rice with the goodness of aromatic ginger and garlic that is oh-so-delicious. A Satisfying weeknight meal that’s better than takeout.
This post was originally published on January 2015. It has been updated for content and photos.
IN A HURRY? CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW MY BOARDS FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS.
Alright friends. It’s time to clean up your fridge. And it’s time to make my all-time favorite recipes with you again. I’m digging back into the blog archives today because this easy fried rice recipe should be added to your dinner rotation asap.
But first, have you tried vegetarian ginger fried rice before? It’s super easy and super simple. All you need is garlic, ginger, days old rice, green onions, and stir fry with sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, and white pepper over medium-high heat. This fried rice recipe cook about 10 minutes or less from start to finish so if you’re in a hurry, then this is your go-to recipe.
Today’s #MeatlessMonday feels special because last Saturday was my first 5k run of 2015 and I can’t wait for the next one. Quite proud of myself because my sister and I were able to finish faster than before, as we went up and down the hill. To reward me, I made this ginger fried rice. Something simple and yet bring lots of comfort on a plate.
Can I use brown rice?
The best kind of rice to make fried rice is jasmine; however, brown rice should work, as well. All you need is days-old rice. Meaning it’s not fresh rice, but cold rice, leftover rice, or cooked rice. And you can also use quinoa or cauliflower rice.
Can I add other ingredients?
Yes! Add some carrots, peas, sliced ham, or whatever you think is good. That’s the beauty of fried rice and clean your fridge recipe. You can also add crispy bacon to this fried rice. Simply cook bacon, stirring occasionally until crisp; and since bacon is already salty enough, you can skip seasoning to taste with salt. But use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
Ginger complements the nutty taste and aroma of Jasmine rice. You can substitute your favorite brown rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice, if you prefer.
What to serve with fried rice?
IN A HURRY? CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW MY BOARDS FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS.Print
A bowl of easy fried rice with the goodness of aromatic ginger and garlic that is oh-so-delicious. A Satisfying weeknight meal that’s better than takeout.
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, julienne cut
- 4 cups day-old cooked rice (preferably jasmine), at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, optional
- White pepper, optional
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, add sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Stirring occasionally for 30 seconds.
- Pour in beaten eggs and scramble slightly.
- Add the rice, stirring to separate the individual grains. Do not let the rice brown.
- Add the fish sauce and tamari sauce; then adjust your seasonings.
- Continue frying for several minutes till rice is aromatic.
- Add white pepper and green onion, mix well and serve.