Three Bean Chili is a delicious weeknight meal and awesome as leftovers. Made in an Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes, this chili is hearty, full of flavor, and easy to make.
I have to say there’s nothing comforting that a bowl of warm chili on a cold day. As you read this post, I’m bundling myself in this cold weather in Istanbul. The weather has been cold and rainy so the picture of this chili has been running around in mind.
Three bean chili ingredients.
- The beans. I use a combination of black beans, red bean, and Ranch style beans; however, you can change these with your favorite.
- The spices. One of the best things about this chili is the flavor combination of spices, especially cumin and garlic salt.
- Tomatoes. Like beans, tomatoes also play an important role in this chili recipe.
Can you freeze chili?
I love this question and the answer is yes! You can keep this frozen for 2-3 months. Be sure to keep this in a small/individual portion so you can reheat it whenever you feel like having a bowl of chili.
What toppings can I add to this chili?
I like mine with jalapeno; however, some people prefer sour cream, cheese, and green onions.
Can I use this recipe and make it a vegetarian version?
Absolutely! Cut off the meat from this recipe and voila!
If you’re like me and love Chili, you’re really going to love this recipe. This is just delicious, and it’s done in no time in the Instant Pot. Instead of simmering a pot on the stove for 6 hours, you’re ready to eat this in a fraction of the time it would normally take. And, it’s easy to make, so you can have it ready quickly, even if it’s a busy work night or a lazy weekend. This one will be a favorite.
More comfort food recipes to try this week:
- Easy Butternut Squash Soup. This Easy Butternut Squash Soup is unbelievably creamy, satisfying, and so flavorful. Truly the best homemade butternut squash soup that you can enjoy all winter long!
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. Is there anything more comforting than a bowl of chicken noodle soup? This Instant Pot recipe makes light work of this homestyle classic. Using the sauté feature, you can easily develop flavors by cooking the mirepoix (that’s onions, carrots, and celery) before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Tortellini Soup. If you are looking for a comfort soup recipe, this is it. Sun-dried Tomato Tortellini Soup. Garlic and Parmesan cheese make this creamy tomato soup special enough for a celebratory night at home. This creamy tomato tortellini soup is quick, easy to make, and comforting.
- Instant Pot Potato Soup. This soup is what an Instant Pot was made for. No need to boil potatoes for a long time or stand over a stove. Throwing everything in the Instant Pot will give you a delicious soup in about 40 minutes flat.
Instant Pot Three Bean Chili
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground sirloin
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 can 16 oz red beans
- 1 can 16 oz black beans
- 1 can 16 oz Ranch style beans
- 2 large cans 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- Press the saute button on the instant Pot and place the ground sirloin in the Instant Pot. Cook until the sirloin completely done and golden brown. Remove the cooked sirloin to a peper towel lined plate.
- Add the chopped onion to the Instant Pot and saute until it’s caramelized or golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the saute setting.
- Drain the beans and rince in a colander under cold water.
- Add the cooked sirloin back in the Instant Pot. Add all the beans, tomato sauce, tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, ketchup, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, salt, and brown sugar. Stir all ingredients well to blend. Add water and stir again. Place the lid on the instant Pot until it beeps and locks. Make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING and press the manual button. Set the time to 18 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot build and release the pressure. When the Instant Pot is done cooking, it will beep and go to the OFF setting. Make sure all the pressure has been released by turning valve to VENTING and make sure the FLOAT valve is down.
- Open the lid to the Instant Pot and stir the chili. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply