Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes. 1 Bowl and less than 1 hour. And with just a few, basic ingredients needed, these cupcakes could not be easier to make. They’re so delicious you’d never be able to tell they’re vegan.
Can you even believe this?
That I’m making a vegan cupcake? Egg free. Dairy free. Or upgrade the flour and to make it gluten-free. Big flavor!
Vanilla cupcakes may seem a little boring, and there are a million vanilla cupcake recipes out there, but I was on a mission to create a good recipe and a recipe that everyone loves, including my vegan friends. I’m not convinced that it even exists until I found this recipe.
The thing I enjoy about this recipe is so simple, you probably already have all of the ingredients in your pantry to make them, such as vanilla extract and powdered sugar. You don’t need to worry about getting your butter (or vegan butter), sour cream, coconut oil, or almond milk ready. And all you need is just one large bowl and paper liners for your cupcakes.
Do You Have A Go-To Cupcake Recipe?
Well, now you do!
Mix it up!
In case you are wondering, can I add blueberries to this batter like this Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes? Well YES, you can. Mix in half a cup of fresh blueberries into the batter and gently stir together into the mixture, so they don’t break; then proceed with the recipe as usual. The blueberry version is especially good topped with homemade lemon basil frosting.
This recipe may look a little complicated, but I assure you it only requires one bowl and less than 1 hour! Yep, this great recipe is a keeper.
So let me know what you think of these vegan vanilla cupcakes in the comments and please rate the recipe too!
For more fabulous cupcake recipes, check out these great options:
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Strawberry French toast cupcakes
- Pumpkin spice latte cupcakes
- Dark chocolate cupcakes
- Nutella Ferrero cupcakes
Ok, I think I’ve talked about cupcakes enough. Let’s get to baking!
1-Bowl Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 batch of your favorite frosting
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in 1/3 cup increments and mix until smooth.
- Fill muffin cups almost full as this recipe does not rise a significant amount.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Frost immediately or freeze until ready to use.