Kick your Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo up a notch with these pineapple lime chicken tacos that are hearty and full of flavors!
Can’t you believe May is here? May is one of my favorite months. Not because our anniversary is coming up but the weather gets so nice and flowers are blooming everywhere. The weather finally hit 70s this weekend and BBQ is on my bucket list. Seriously…what is better than that?
May is also exciting fun since Cinco de Mayo is here. And what it means is endless tacos, margaritas, mariachi band, and all the festivities. So my #SundaySupper family is here to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and you’re all invited!
Pineapple Lime Chicken Tacos
- 12 corn tortillas gluten-free if needed
- 3 cups prepared salsa
- Avocado sliced or guacamole
- Red cabbage thinly sliced
- Jalapeno slices
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 handful fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano or 3/4 tsp dry
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the marinade and chicken ingredients. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill. Grill the chicken over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes total, depending on the size of the chicken pieces. Set aside when done.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill, about 20 seconds per side.
- Add red cabbage and chicken in a warm tortilla. Top with salsa, guacamole, jalapeno, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.