Kick your Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo up a notch with these pineapple lime chicken tacos that are hearty and full of flavors!
Can’t you believe May is here? May is one of my favorite months. Not because our anniversary is coming up but the weather gets so nice and flowers are blooming everywhere. The weather finally hit 70s this weekend and BBQ is on my bucket list. Seriously…what is better than that?
May is also exciting fun since Cinco de Mayo is here. And what it means is endless tacos, margaritas, mariachi band, and all the festivities. So my #SundaySupper family is here to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and you’re all invited!
Pineapple Lime Chicken Tacos
- 12 corn tortillas gluten-free if needed
- 3 cups prepared salsa
- Avocado sliced or guacamole
- Red cabbage thinly sliced
- Jalapeno slices
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 handful fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano or 3/4 tsp dry
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the marinade and chicken ingredients. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill. Grill the chicken over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes total, depending on the size of the chicken pieces. Set aside when done.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill, about 20 seconds per side.
- Add red cabbage and chicken in a warm tortilla. Top with salsa, guacamole, jalapeno, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Hi Linda, wow! do these sound delicious, love all the flavor you have packed in these tacos they look very tasty.
Thank you, Cheri! Glad you like it ?
Love the citrus flavors in these tacos! Pineapple, lime, and avocado sound so good!
Thank you! It also tastes very refreshing. Perfect recipe to welcome summer ?
Linda, these are no ordinary tacos! The marinade sounds amazing—and I love all your toppings!
Thank you, Liz!
Mmm, I love pineapple in savory foods. These look fabulous!
Thank you, Eileen
Sarah Reid, CNP (@jo_jo_ba) says
I am so using this chicken for a rice bowl! How flavour packed is this!
Sounds good ?
Love the sound of that marinade. And our anniversary is in May, too! 🙂
Wow! What a coincidence ?
Teri @ The Freshman Cook says
Your marinade sounds so amazing with all those tasty flavors! Love this recipe!
Yup the chicken became so tasty and refreshing. Perfect for this almost summer weather ?
Wow the addition of the pineapple and the lime makes these a GAMECHANGER. I would’ve never thought to add those in to the flavor profile.
These are to die for! Great flavor combos.
The perfect combination as I love savory options, and pineapple goes beautifully with chicken. Your pictures are mouthwatering.
Lovely recipe and instructions. I love tacos and it is great to know how to make pineapple lime chicken tacos at home! Thanks so much for posting this!
What a tasty flavor combination! We love pineapple and lime. Can’t wait to make this!
I love this flavor choice with tacos! Perfectly balanced and not your “typical” taco recipe. Delicious!
These pineapple lime chicken tacos went over so well today for lunch with my girlfriends, and I got a ton of requests for your recipe link! Thanks for an awesome recipe!
Delicious! I’m in love with combinations of pineapple and chicken! Thanks for sharing the recipe and let me also try this at home.
Love the Marinade. This chicken looks so juicy and moist. These flavorful Tacos are surely a grab for a Happy Meal.
Not only are these tacos just BURSTING with flavor from the pineapple and lime, but I just love the avocado slices! These are definitely tacos I’d make again. Thank you!
Amy Liu Dong says
Not my ordinary tacos but my mouth waters upon seeing this recipe.
I will definitely try this. Yum!
Love tacos and what a great combination of ingredients. Drooling over pics. Can’t wait to try this.
I love the flavors in this marinade – it’s fabulous for tacos and many more great dishes, yum!
Mama Maggie's Kitchen says
It looks incredibly delicious. I wish this was in front of me. I’m sure it will be a new favorite in our home.