Sheet Pan Cauliflower Gnocchi and Roasted Vegetables. The easiest and crispy trader joe’s cauliflower gnocchi made in the oven in just under 30 minutes. A healthy meal that is so easy to throw together!
I know I’m so late in this Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi game. Where have I been? Seriously, this thing is so dang good. Between the two of us, we just finished four bags in one week. That’s how good it is, and that’s what I share today.
Gnocchi is one of our very favorite foods, and traditional gnocchi is a soft dough made from potatoes (sweet potatoes), flour, and eggs that are shaped into little dumplings. So when I heard about cauliflower gnocchi, I was ready to back out because cauliflower in gnocchi…that does not sound right and I was wrong.
How to cook cauliflower gnocchi?
The fun thing about cooking this gnocchi is no thawing required. So, there are four ways to cook cauliflower gnocchi:
- Pan-fry method
I found this to be the easiest method, especially if you move in into your new place and you don’t have any kitchen tools, other than a skillet. You need to pour a bag of frozen cauliflower gnocchi into a skillet then let it sizzle before you saute them in garlic butter, truffle butter, or olive oil. Then sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Bake/roasting method
This is the method I use in this recipe. This method requires an oven and takes about 20 minutes to 30 minutes to bake. However, this method is perfect for a sheet pan dinner.
- Air fryer method
I’ve been enjoying this method a lot, and that’s how we finished four bags in a week. To do this in an air fryer, you need to spray the basket with a nonstick cooking spray or avocado oil. Pour the gnocchi into a single layer and cook for 15-20 minutes at 375F. Once done, you can enjoy them with tomato sauce or sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Yep, just like garlic French fried, but better.
- Boiling method
Is Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi gluten-free?
Based on the ingredients they have listed, they claim their product to be gluten-free compared to traditional gnocchi; however, here are some recipes for homemade gnocchi
- Two ingredients cauliflower paleo gnocchi – Homemade two-ingredient cauliflower gnocchi. Easy, healthy, and delicious! An easy whole30 and paleo dinner that makes for easy meal prep.
- Cauliflower gnocchi – video
To make this dish, pour sausage and gnocchi in one layer on a sheet pan. Add a wire rack on top, then place vegetables on the wire rack. To make this dish meatless, just skip the sausage.
Can this Cauliflower Gnocchi with Roasted Vegetables be frozen?
Yes! This is a good meal prep idea that you need to add to your weekly rotation. Plus, it should last for two months in your freezer.
What do you need to make this sheet pan cauliflower gnocchi?
You will need a bag of cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s or make it your own, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, lemon, olive oil, salt, sausage, and vegetables such as squash, broccoli, and shishito peppers.
Can I mix and match the roasted vegetables?
Yes! Just use seasonal produce and experiment until you find your favorite combinations. Try adding tomatoes, brussels sprouts, kale, or onion to the mix.
What other easy, tasty dinner ideas?
- Instant Pot Miso Salmon – Instant Pot Miso Salmon is a go-to for busy nights; it has all of the flavors you crave with this Asian inspired dish and the convenience of instant pot cooking.
- Corn Chowder – This thick, potato-studded corn chowder is perfect on a cold winter night or to satisfy your summer soup cravings. It is a simple recipe, rich, creamy and velvety smooth. It has been a family favorite for years!
- Cauliflower Waffle – These gluten-free cauliflower waffles are going to become your new favorite! Great for brunch or dinner, or somewhere in between.
Sheet Pan Cauliflower Gnocchi and Roasted Vegetables
- 1 bag of Trader joe’s cauliflower gnocchi
- 1 medium zucchini halved and cut into large chunks
- 1 bunch broccoli about 1 pound, cut into florets, stems peeled and sliced
- 3 Italian sausages or your favorite sausages, cut into slices
- 1/2 pound shishito peppers
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese + more for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Other vegetables to add bell pepper asparagus, onion
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with a nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine gnocchi with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic powder, and salt. Toss well and break up the larger clumps. Spread on a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Add sausages next to gnocchi. Then place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine broccoli with 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and Parmesan cheese. Toss well and spread on the wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine zucchini with 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and lemon. Toss well and add to the wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine shishito peppers with 1 tablespoon oil and salt. Toss well and add to the wire rack.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the wire rack and transfer the vegetables to a plate. Flip the gnocchi and sausages, then roast for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top.