Start your morning off right with this strawberry smoothie chia pudding! It is creamy, satisfying and a healthy snack loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats. It’s also vegan, gluten-free, paleo and keto.
I have an obsession with chia pudding. They’re easy to prep, healthy, and filling. And you can enjoy chia pudding anytime. Remember this dragon fruit chia pudding or this chia seed jam? I’m back with strawberry smoothie chia pudding.
In case you missed it, I shared my eggnog chia seed pudding recipe in an Instagram story. It’s one of the best Christmas treats I had. And I have more ideas of what to make with chia seeds. But for now, strawberry smoothie.
If you’re new to chia pudding, good news, because I have lots of good information I am about to share.
The basic of chia pudding
It is super simple and pretty much just milk and chia seeds in 1 cup:3 tablespoon consistency. However, if you prefer a thicker or condensed texture, then add 4 tablespoons to 1 cup of milk.
What kind of milk can I use?
I love mixing mine in almond milk or coconut milk. Coconut milk creates a more thick and creamy texture.
Is chia pudding good for weight loss?
I’m not an expert in this area; however, chia seed is high in calories and it will keep you full in-between meal cravings or until your next meal. So, it helps you with weight loss as part of an overall healthy eating plan.
How do I store chia pudding?
You can store it in a jar and put it in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Strawberry Smoothie Chia Pudding
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk + 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- Chia seeds: mix chia seeds, 1/2 cup of milk, and honey in a jar. Let settle for 2-3 minutes, then mix with a spoon until there is no clumping. Cover the jar and store it in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overninght.
- Strawberry smoothie: blend strawberries, banana, and 3/4 cup of milk until the smoothie looks silky.
- To prepare the pudding: layer chia seeds on the bottom of a cup with a spoon and gently pour the smoothie on top. Garnish with fruits