Taroreo Ice cream – Have a passion for taro and oreo? Rich, creamy, decadent, and incredibly easy dessert perfect both for kids and adults. The best part is the cheese on top.
You guys… ice cream is finally here! It’s Friday and what’s better than celebrate it with ice cream. Today, I’m sharing with you taroreo ice cream. It’s basically taro ice cream with oreo and grated cheese on top. It’s my first time making this taro ice cream. I’m so used to making strawberry ice cream, vanilla, coffee, chocolate, or any classic flavors. So when it comes to taro, I had to sit down and imagine it first before actually start making it in the kitchen.
Yes, I admit, it does take a little longer time than the usual recipe, but the combination is priceless. You can add or ignore the Oreo part, though I prefer adding some bits to my ice cream; however the combination of taro and cheese makes a perfect duet. So what’s your wildest dream when it comes to ice cream?
I teamed up with 18 other bloggers to share innovative ice cream recipes with you and to bring you a delectable ice cream making giveaway. We’re using the hashtag #weekofsundaes on social media this week. Check out our blogs to see all of our innovative ice cream recipes throughout the week:
Ashley at Spoonful of Flavor // Ashley at Cookie Monster Cooking // Madison at Wetherills Say I Do // Erin at The Speckled Palate // Julia at Tag & Tibby // LeAndra at Love & Flour // Molly at Hey There Sunshine // Nick at Macheesmo // Meredith at Meredith Noelle // Heather at Sugar Dish Me // Linda at Brunch with Joy // Katie at Twin Stripe // Erica at Crumby Cupcake // Beth at bethcakes // Meghan at Cake ‘n Knife // Dan at The Food in my Beard // Bethany at Bethany Grow // Cate at Chez CateyLou // Susannah at Feast + West
One lucky winner will get this BIG ice cream making prize pack that’s worth more than $265! See the Rafflecopter below to enter to win this amazing set. The prize pack includes:
- A Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker with double-insulated 2-quart freezer bowl // $165 value
- A Chef’s Choice Waffle Cone Express Ice Cream Cone Maker // $70 value
- Set of four 6-ounce Tovolo Mini Sweet Treats Tubs // $13 value
- A Zeroll Original Ice Cream Scoop // $19.95 value
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 20 additional entries by following the ice cream week contributors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Monday, Sept. 7, 2015 at 10 a.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $265. Prizes shown in the graphic are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of Aug. 17, 2015.
- 2 cups grated taro
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14-oz coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Oreo cookie crumbles
- Grated cheddar cheese, for topping
- In a pot, combine the grated taro, heavy cream, coconut milk, and sugar. Keep stirring for about 15 minutes under low heat.
- Add the condensed milk and salt, mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Pour cold ice cream mix into an ice cream maker, turn on the machine, and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- To serve: add Oreo cookie crumbles and grated cheese on top.