Easy miso butter salmon – a perfect recipe when you only have 15 minutes to prep your meal. A quick midweek meal with minimal fuss and maximum umami flavor.
Miso and butter always make a good combo, like this miso butter toast. If you’re new to miso, I also shared different types of miso – white, yellow, and red.
When I first learned about working from home in this kind of situation, I thought things will be easy…or easier. I had picture extra time to sleep, to make a proper breakfast, and so on. Turned out, I did not have any of that and things are a bit chaotic in the first few weeks.
I have to adjust lunchtime daily since the hubs also have endless meetings during the day. So, I always cook for something quick, easy, but filling and nourishing, just like this Miso Butter Salmon.
What are the main ingredients for miso butter salmon?
Easy peasy. You need miso and butter, which you can make ahead a night or even a week before. And salmon or your favorite protein.
What other main ingredients can I pair with miso butter?
Lots of things…from chicken, beef, or even scrambled eggs. Like chili sauce, I always have miso butter ready in the fridge.
Where can I buy miso paste?
Most Asian grocery stores sell miso paste although you may find it called soybean paste. It is usually located in the refrigerator section or in plastic tubs near the refrigerated tofu.
How to cook miso butter salmon
There are 3 ways to cook this.
- Stove-top. Pat the fish dry with paper towels. Sprinkle the fish with salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of miso butter on a medium-hot pan. Add the fish, skin side up. Loosely cover the pan with foil ad cook for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Flip the fish and cook until cooked through. Add more butter if the pan is too dry.
- Instant pot. Press the saute setting on the Instant Pot. Melt the butter and place the salmon filler inside. Brown the sides and set aside. Place the steaming rack inside the Instant Pot and add 11/2 cups water. Place the seared salmon onto the steaming rack. Close the lid and select the steam setting. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Do a natural release. When done, add miso dressing on top.
- Air fryer
This miso butter salmon is a go-to family favorite! Made with just a handful of ingredients, this 15 minutes meal is in a lot of flavors!
Easy Miso Butter Salmon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons red miso paste
- Pinch of salt
- 2 5-ounce each skin-on salmon fillet
- Combine butter and miso paste together until they are completely blended. Set aside.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels. Sprinkle the fish with salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of miso butter on a medium-hot pan. Add the fish, skin side up. Loosely cover the pan with foil ad cook for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Flip the fish and cook until cooked through. Add more butter if the pan is too dry.
The miso butter on this salmon adds a ton of flavor. The perfect healthy weeknight meal.
A platter I would love to enjoy for Dinner. Simple and yet so easy and flavorful. Definitely a quick and healthy meal option.
Salmon is one of my favorite fish and I love that I found some fresh fillets to try this out. Tasted great paired with the miso butter. Thanks!
This recipe looks super delicious and I absolutely love salmon and I love trying new recipes with it! I can’t wait to try this recipe, it looks super flavourful thank you for sharing.
I’m so impressed that I can have an elegant, tasty meal like this in only 15 minutes! So impressive!
Mama Maggie's Kitchen says
My mouth is watering. I have to make this tonight! My family will surely love this on our table.
I love how easy this is! And so few ingredients. Now just to get some miso paste!
Moop Brown says
I’m a big salmon fan and love how simple and easy to make this recipe is. Seems like a great weeknight meal everyone will enjoy.
Loreto and Nicoletta says
This is a great recipe and definitely going to try this. There is Miso paste in the fridge, so no excuses.😁 Thank you so much for sharing!🤗❤👌