These Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles are so easy to make. It has the creamiest sauce that fits in perfectly for spicy food lovers.
Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal that will satisfy your cravings for something spicy and savory? Look no further than these Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles! This mouth-watering dish combines the bold flavors of Thai cuisine with creamy peanut sauce, giving you a satisfying and flavorful meal. Whether you’re a fan of spicy foods or just looking to mix up your dinner routine, these noodles will surely hit the spot. Grab your apron and get ready to dive into a bowl of deliciousness!
Why You’ll Love Thai Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Bold and flavorful: The combination of bold Thai spices and creamy peanut sauce packs a flavor punch that’s hard to resist. From the spicy kick of chili flakes to the tangy sweetness of lime juice, every bite is bursting with deliciousness.
- Quick and easy: These noodles can be on your table in under 30 minutes with just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time. They’re perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something tasty but don’t have much time to spare.
- Versatile and customizable: Whether you prefer your noodles with chicken, tofu, or veggies, this recipe is highly versatile and can be customized to your liking. You can also adjust the spice level to your taste by adding more or less chili flakes. Plus, leftovers make great lunches for the next day!
- Dry spaghetti – This classic pasta shape is perfect for soaking up the rich and delicious Thai peanut sauce. The noodles should be cooked to al dente perfection so they still have a bit of chewiness. You can also use the wheat version.
- Red bell pepper – The red bell pepper adds a pop of color and sweet flavor to this dish. It’s also packed with vitamins and antioxidants, making it a healthy addition to your meal.
- Yellow bell pepper – The yellow bell pepper adds flavor and color to the dish. Like its red counterpart, it’s also loaded with nutrients, adding a subtle sweetness to the overall flavor profile.
- Carrots cut into juliennes – The thin strips of carrots add a satisfying crunch to the dish. Carrots are also high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making them a nutritious addition to any meal.
- Chopped green onions – Green onions add a fresh and slightly oniony flavor. They also pack many nutrients, including vitamins K, C, and folate.
- Chopped cilantro – Cilantro adds a bright and zesty flavor to the dish. It’s also been linked to numerous health benefits, including improved digestion and lower inflammation levels.
- Roasted peanuts – The roasted peanuts add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor to the dish. They’re also a good source of protein and healthy fats, making them a satisfying addition to any meal.
How to make spicy Thai peanut noodles
Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions. Set aside.
Mix all the ingredients given under the SAUCE in a large bowl.
Add cooked spaghetti to another large bowl and add the prepared sauce to it. Toss well so that the spaghetti is well coated in the sauce.
Next, add red and yellow bell peppers, carrots, green onions, cilantro, and roasted peanuts and toss lightly.
Sprinkle some sesame seeds / roasted peanuts / green onions if you like, and serve warm or cold.
Can I make these noodles ahead of time?
Yes, you can! To make these noodles ahead of time, cook the spaghetti and chop the veggies as directed, but store them separately in airtight containers in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat, reheat the noodles and veggies in a skillet over medium heat, then combine with the sauce and toppings.
Can I make this dish vegetarian or vegan?
Absolutely! To make this dish vegetarian, omit meat and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. To make it vegan, omit the fish sauce and use a vegan-friendly alternative (soy sauce or tamari).
Can I adjust the spice level?
Yes, you can! If you prefer a milder dish, reduce the chili flakes in the recipe. If you like extra spicy, add more chili flakes or a dash of hot sauce. Don’t be afraid to experiment until you find the perfect spice level for your taste buds.
In the refrigerator, you can store spicy Thai peanut noodles in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Freezing is not recommended.
The noodles will dry up when refrigerated, so if you want to get them saucy again, add noodles to a pan with soy sauce or water and heat on high flame until warm.
Thai Peanut Noodles with Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce is literally the best thing you can consume! And if you enjoy Thai flavors, you will love this duck fried rice, Thai hummus, and sweet potato curry soup.
Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
- 12 oz dry spaghetti
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup carrots cut into juliennes
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup roasted peanut
For the sauce:
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup warm water
- Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients given under the SAUCE in a large bowl.
- Add cooked spaghetti to another large bowl and add the prepared sauce to it. Toss well so that the spaghetti is well coated in the sauce.
- Next add red and yellow bell peppers, carrots, green onions, cilantro, and roasted peanuts and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds, roasted peanuts, and green onions if you like and serve warm or cold.