Sweet Potato Thai Curry Soup. Thai curry paste is a great condiment to keep in your pantry or refrigerator. Just a spoonful adds layers of flavor-sweet, salty, tangy, spicy to a dish.
You guys… thank you so much for participating in my poll. In case you missed it, I posted this poll on Facebook, and the result has been great. Remember what I said about me enjoying Asian food lately on this Sichuan Chili Oil post. I guess it’s not just me because you guys also picked the same type of dish. But this dish won’t disappoint you either. Plus, it came straight from my new cookbook, 5-Ingredient One-Pot Cookbook, which means that it’s easy to prep using fresh ingredients, and is both delicious and friendly on your wallet. No kidding!
Just the other day, I went to a lab to get my blood drawn, and the lab technician counted the total tubes I had taken from me, and it was 11 in total! Yikes, eleven bloody blood tubes. Luckily, I had enough liquid in the morning; however, I felt I needed more of it to gain what I had lost. So, the soup was the obvious answer.
This sweet potato Thai curry soup is so easy to make, even if you’re a beginner in the kitchen. And, with only five ingredients, there’s no way you can make any mistakes in preparing it. Now here’s the fun part – when I say five ingredients, I mean 5. It is made with chicken as part of your protein. However, you can use tofu instead if you’re a vegetarian or vegan.
First time enjoying sweet potato? Make it into a smoothie! Combine 1 cup of cubed sweet potatoes with almond butter, two Medjool dates, milk, and a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon.
If you’re as excited about this cookbook as I am, you can pre-order it here.
Interested in cooking soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Soup – This Instant Pot Chicken Curry Soup could not be easier to throw together! A hearty and comforting meal that is full of flavor. Spice up your meal with restaurant-style curry without leaving the house!
- Loaded Baked Potato & Cauliflower Soup – Creamy baked potato soup that makes a delicious winter-warmer soup. Top it off with bacon, if you like.
- Zuppa di Pesce – Zuppa Di Pesce or Fish Soup, whatever you call it, is a rustic seafood stew that is simple, wholesome, and comforting. Get into your pajamas, put on your favorite show, and enjoy a bowl of this seasoned seafood stew.
Sweet Potato Thai Curry Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste or Massaman curry paste
- 2 cups peeled diced sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 small broccoli heads florets separated and stems chopped
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- In the stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil until hot. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the sweet potatoes, chicken, and broccoli, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and water to the pot, and whisk until combined. Bring just to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with the cilantro, if using, and serve.