Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a fancy weekend meal, this easy pecan-crusted salmon is a delicious, high-protein recipe that is also perfect for meal prep.
Salmon is a healthy and delectable lunch, dinner option, and breakfast if you count lox salmon. It’s a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and B vitamins. And today, I’ll show you how to make scrumptious and easy pecan-crusted salmon that is lick-the-bowl good!
Why you need to try this recipe
- This pecan-crusted salmon recipe is ideal for busy weeknights and fancy enough to be served on special occasions
- It combines the rich taste of tender and moist salmon filets with the crunchy texture
- Everyone’s favorite! From kids to adults
- Tasty and perfect for meal prepping
- Ready in 30 minutes or less, and you can do it two ways. In the oven or air fryer
Ingredients for crusted salmon
- Salmon fillet. I used Skinless for an easy-peasy one-pan meal
- Pecans. This ingredient gives the fish a uniquely crispy crunch
- Salt and paprika for the dry ingredients
- Garlic. Make sure it’s finely chopped
- Dill. Fresh dill is a must! Fresh parsley or fresh thyme are good substitutions
- Parmesan. Grated
- Olive oil or any oil of your choice. I also love avocado oil
How to make oven-baked crusted salmon
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F. Mix pecans, dill, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl
- Grease the baking dish with the remaining olive oil. Lay out the salmon fillet. Salt it and sprinkle it with spices
- Top with a mixture of pecans and dill. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Serve baked salmon right away. It is important not to overbake it in the oven, as this will make it drier
How to cook pecan-crusted salmon in an air fryer
One of the best benefits of cooking crusted salmon in the air fryer is that it’s faster than the oven-baked version.
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. Add a liner (this one is my favorite) to the basket to help prevent the salmon from sticking
- Add the crusted salmon filets to the air fryer and cook to your desired doneness
What to serve with crusted salmon
Cooked salmon will last in the refrigerator for about three days if refrigerated in an airtight container.
Cheesy, crusty, mouth-watering salmon. This easy pecan-crusted salmon only takes 20 minutes to make, from start to finish. You can cook this without missing your favorite sitcom running in the background. And the result is a simply healthy, delicious dish on the table in no time!
Easy Pecan-Crusted Salmon
- 1½ lbs salmon fillet
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 360°F. Mix pecans, dill, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl.
- Grease the baking dish with the remaining olive oil. Lay out the salmon fillet. Salt it and sprinkle it with spices.
- Top with a mixture of pecans and dill. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve baked salmon right away. It is important not to overbake it in the oven, as this will make it drier.