This 5-minute no-bake banana pudding is the perfect dessert for everyone to enjoy! With only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare, this recipe is the ultimate prep-ahead, no-bake dessert!
Banana pudding is one of our all-time favorite desserts. It’s easy to make, perfect for any occasion, and for everyone to enjoy. And this recipe only requires 5 ingredients, 5 minutes to prep, and no baking required. So turn off that stove or oven.
- Bananas. You don’t need to use ripened, mushy bananas so this easy banana pudding can be made anytime with ripe and sweet texture
- Banana instant pudding or you can use vanilla instant pudding. Add more pudding if you prefer a thicker layer of pudding
- Milk. Preferably whole milk
- Frozen whipped cream, such as Cool Whip, and be sure to thaw it before use
- Vanilla wafers. My favorite is Nilla wafers, but any similar version will work
How to make 5-minutes no-bake banana pudding
In a large bowl add your instant banana pudding along with the milk. Whisk until smooth. Once the pudding has thickened, fold in the cool whip. You want to fold the cool whip in to keep your mixture thick.
Next, add in your bananas and crushed vanilla wafers by folding them in.
Store in an airtight container if not immediately serving.
To serve, place extra sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers on top!
Make-ahead banana pudding
You can make this no-bake pudding ahead and serve it on the same day. However, if you plan to make it a day before, I suggest treating the bananas with citrus juice, such as lemon or orange, to prevent bananas from turning black. Simply brush the juice lightly onto the banana.
You can store this banana pudding in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
And no, I don’t recommend freezing it since it will get watery and ruin the flavors.
Homemade banana pudding makes a classic dessert that is perfect for potlucks, picnics, barbecues, during the holidays and so much more. If you like this no-bake banana pudding recipe, you might like stout beer tiramisu, creamy fruit sando, or chocolate chip popcorn bars.
5-minute No-Bake Banana Pudding
- 2 medium bananas sliced
- 1 (3.5 oz) banana instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- 2 cups vanilla wafers crushed
- In a large bowl add your instant banana pudding along with the milk. Whisk until smooth
- Once the pudding has thickened, fold in the cool whip. You want to fold the cool whip in to keep your mixture thick
- Next add in your bananas and crushed vanilla wafers by folding them in
- Store in an airtight container if not immediately serving
- To serve, place extra sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers on top!