With chicken and sausage, this one-pot cajun chicken alfredo pasta is crowd-pleasing comfort food. Creamy and silky-smooth— I couldn’t be happier to present to you this cajun chicken alfredo pasta recipe.
Talk about comfort food! You guys should try this. This pasta dish is hearty, tasty, and ultra-comforting. Plus, you can feed a crowd very easily with this one-pot cajun chicken alfredo pasta.
What’s more, it looks and tastes like a gourmet meal, but it’s incredibly easy to make. Trust me, your entire family will love it!
One-Pot Cajun chicken alfredo pasta ingredients
- Pasta. I use penne pasta; however, you can use a different type of pasta, such as cavatappi, rotini, rigatoni, or fusilli
- Chicken, sausage. You can also use shredded, pre-cooked chicken and if you like spicy, you can also use hot links
- Chicken broth, heavy cream, Cajun seasoning, parmesan cheese, garlic. When combined, this makes a creamy alfredo sauce that comes together in a matter of minutes for the most incredible white sauce that coats the cooked pasta. Plus, this cajun chicken alfredo pasta tastes better from scratch
Is alfredo pasta freezer-friendly?
If you plan to make this ahead of time, you can freeze the chicken, sausage, and sauce without the pasta. When ready to eat, cook the pasta and serve with the thawed and heated sauce.
- Prepare your ingredients ahead of time. This one-pot cajun chicken alfredo pasta cooks very quickly; so have everything prepped and ready to go before you start cooking.
- If you try to lighten up this dish, use half-n-half instead of heavy cream. However, this will also make your sauce thinner.
- Skip using pre-grated cheese and use real Parmigiano-Reggiano right off the block
- No olive oil? Use unsalted butter instead.
- Feeling spicy? Add crushed red peppers to this pasta.
More recipes you’ll love
- Double up the carbs with this easy garlic bread.
- Or keep it lighter with simple and fresh honey sriracha Brussels sprouts.
- Finish the meal with a light dessert like this pukis cake or dark chocolate bark thins.
An ultra-comforting, crowd-pleasing meal like this cajun chicken alfredo pasta will definitely have everyone asking for seconds! Thankfully, this meal comes together in just minutes and is perfect for your busiest weeknights.
One-Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound chicken cut into small 1-inch pieces
- 14 oz smoked sausage thinly sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 5 oz freshly shredded parmesan cheese more for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Italian parsley for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Using your largest skillet with a lid, add olive oil and chicken. Brown the chicken over medium-high heat. Once the chicken is cooked through, add sausage and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add pasta, chicken broth, heavy cream, and Cajun seasoning. Stir all ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, close the skillet, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in shredded Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan to taste.